Milton Youth Soccer Club
The role of the General Manager, under the authority and guidance of the Executive Committee/BOD, will bring their energy and creative mindset and be responsible to bring a new strategic plan to life. The General Manager will manage the office staff and work closely with our Technical Director/ Technical Staff, Marketing Manager, District/Provincial Associations, and sports leaders in Ontario. The General Manager will support the Executive Committee/BOD and its committees having oversight of the day-to-day operations in the strategic areas of safe sport and grassroots recovery of sports, while creating and leveraging partnerships and relationships with charitable organizations, professional sport foundations, and municipalities. The General Manager is a critical thinker and will provide leadership and fiscal creation and responsibility and will work closely with the club’s technical director to create house league programming, competitive programming, and complimentary programming as well with the Marketing Manager to provide details of programs and information to execute strategies to generate partnerships and informing MYSC members club initiatives and opportunities.
- Day-to-day operations of the club
- Manage and attend all club events from House League opening/closing ceremonies, hosting of Ontario cups, hosting of club tournaments, and club tryouts.
- Annual budget creation, enforcement and reporting monthly to the Executive Committee/BOD
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure that MYSC fulfills its vision and mission
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with OSA, PHSA and professional sporting organizations
- Provide oversight of governance of MYSC policies and procedures
- Lead the development of operating and business plans
- Manage and provide leadership in the League 1, OPDL, and National Club License application while working closely with the Executive Committee.
- Manage budgets and operations for League 1, OPDL, and all programs.
- Advocate to funders, partners and foster strategic alliances
- Effectively manage and resolve conflict
- Maintain a productive relationship with the Executive Committee/BOD
- Monitor and develop staff plans and working with Technical Director and Marketing Manger
- Advance MYSC’s business strategies with a focus on sustainable economic development, safe sport, sport participation development, grassroots recovery, and sport impact on the environment
- Ensure effectiveness of overall administration and coordination of plans and programs
- Oversee and direct office staff
- Working with Technical Director/ Technical Staff to create and enhance additional revenue generating programs (ie. camps, clinics, parent & tot)
- Work with Marketing Manager to create opportunities for partnerships by providing data and content creation.
- Ensure proper contracts are in place for all employees and contractors.
- Proper Reporting structure in place for payroll- coaches will need to report and provide all invoices Metrics of Success:
The following are a list of metrics that the Operations Manager will be measured against. This is not a fully inclusive list and may change throughout the life of the role:
- Ensure the club budget is completed, reviewed by the board, and approved annually by July 31
- Ensure House League is running successfully, efficiently, and safely according to current safety protocols mandated by public health units, PHSA and OSA for summer and winter programs
- Ensure the competitive program is up and running successfully, efficiently, and safely according to current safety protocols mandated by public health units, PHSA and OSA, all teams and players properly registered
- Provide monthly reporting to the Executive Committee/BOD during scheduled board meetings, this reporting will include but is not limited to:
- Monthly financials compared to budgeted items
- Technical & Marketing report (along with TD & MM) which will include salary expenditures, staffing requirements, programming updates and changes, items requiring board approval including expenditures. House League and competitive report.
- Staff reports including hours spent compared to what was allotted, expenditures, requirements for staffing
- Overall feel of the staffing and membership, including any pending issues involving payments or conflicts
- What marketing initiatives have been done, what is the forecasted marketing items to be completed depending on the soccer calendar
- Schedule of events for the upcoming month
- Items requiring board approval including strategic items such as licensing types, spending outside the budget or budget exceed, items not budgeted, policy changes or updates, procedural changes, or updates
- Build trust and confidence with the board of directors
- Be available to Executive Committee/BOD and open to suggestions
- Resolve conflicts with membership and bring to the boards attention if warranted
- Ensure all staff are up to date with police and background checks, Vulnerable Sectors Checks
- Ensure the clubs is in good standing with PHSA and OSA, ensure that there is no disciplinary actions against the club for violating any rules and regulations set out by our soccer governing bodies
- Along with the TD & MM, build new programming initiatives to generate additional income
- Reduce expenses where possible and start building back the clubs financials
- Staff retention
- Ensure that the club approved technology is being implemented
- Provide a report on the new club software requirements. What are our options, costs, recommendation based on compatibility, so that the board can approve accordingly.
- Work with TD to maximize the success of the high-performance program
- Work with Marketing Manager and provide data and content to maximize communications and opportunities to MYSC membership, community partners, and new business.
Education and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of Management experience
- Sports management, business or similar field post security education
- Must have experience with sports training, youth and league programing and retail
- Experienced in sales, customer service and operational leadership
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in correspondence
- Knowledge of Ontario Soccer operational policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the District (PHSA) Club Administration Procedures.
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of PowerUp player registration system
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of Google Docs and or Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working within youth soccer
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of ADP – Payroll system (is desirable)
- A self-motivated team player with effective interpersonal skills
- Time management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Complete a valid Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check
Interested, qualified candidates should email a detailed current resume and cover letter to HR@miltonmagic.com
We thank all applicants for expressing interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.